Christ Church Mayfair Policy Statement on Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
Every person has a value and dignity, which comes directly from the creation of people in God’s image. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and adults at risk.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working with children or adults at risk.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or adult at risk may have been harmed, cooperating fully in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult at risk.
The elders & trustees of The Bible Talks Trust agreed & adopted the above Policy at a meeting on 9/5/16
Copies of “Safeguarding in the Diocese of London” and any parish guidelines and procedures are held by: Sharon Walsh & James Kight. The elders & trustees shall review this policy annually. The next review will take place in May 2017,
Incumbent: Matt Fuller
Elder/Trustee: Hugh Gittins Elder/Trustee Andre Malan
Sharon Walsh is our Safeguarding Officer
Our Safeguarding Officer is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult at risk.
You can contact her on: firstname.lastname@example.org
James Kight is our Children’s Champion
The Children’s Champion is here to be an advocate for all children in all areas of Parish life, making sure their views are heard and their needs are thought of. You can contact him on: email@example.com
Important phone numbers:
Sheryl Kent, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: 020 7932 1224
CCPAS 24 hour helpline: 0845 120 4550
Family Lives: 0808 800 222 (Previously Parentline) / Childline: 0800 1111
All of those who help with children's work at Christ Church Mayfair are required to comply with the church's Safeguarding Policy which includes having a current clear Enhanced DBS check.